$$ Come...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day!

Father’s Day is TODAY!  I used to celebrate with my dad but no anymore since 4 years ago.  My dad now celebrates HIS day with GOD.. :p

Since I may celebrate Father’s Day this year again (I can be the Father of Princess rite?), so I thought of putting up an article.. and since I have posted 2 other posts on “Happy Birthday” and “I Love You”, so why not post on “Father” too.. OK, “Mother” please wait for your turn ya, I do that soon (since Mother’s Day sudah lepas ma)…

So, here is the list…


Afrikaans: Vader
Bangla: Baba or Abba
Basque: Aita
Bolognese: Pèder
Brazilian Portuguese: Pai
Breton: Tad
Chinese: Ba (Baa)
Cree (Canada): Papa
Croatian: Otac
Czech: Táta, Otec
Dakota (USA): Ate
Dutch: Vader, Papa or Pappie
East African: Baba
English: Father, Dad, Daddy, Pop, Poppa or Papa
Filipino: Tatay, Itay, Tay or Ama
French: Papa
Galician: Pai
German: Banketi or Papi
Hebrew: Abba (h)
Hindi: Papa or Pita-ji
Hungarian: Apa, Apu, Papa or Edesapa
Icelandic: Pabbi or Faðir
Indonesian: Bapa, Ayah or Pak
Irish: Athair or Daidí
Italian: Babbo
Japanese: Otosan or Papa
Judeo: Spanish, Padre, Baba or Babu
Kikuyu: Baba
Kiswahili: Baba
Ladin: Pere
Latin: Pater, Papa or Atta
Luo (Kenya): Baba
Malay: Bapa
Maltese: Missier
Modern Greek: Babbas
Nahuatl (Mexico): Ta'
Nepali: Buwa
Norwegian: Pappa or Far
Persian/Farsi: Pedar, Pitar or Baabaa
Polish: Tata or Ojciec
Portuguese: Pai
Quechua: Tata or Churiyaqe
Romanian: Tata, Parinte or Taica
Russian: Papa
Sanskrit: Tàtah or Janak
Sicilian: Patri
Slovak: Otec
Spanish: Papá, Viejo or Tata
Swedish: Pappa
Swiss German: Vatter
Turkish: Baba
Urdu: Abbu, Abbu-ji, Abbu-jaan
Venetian: Pare, Popà, 'Opà, Pupà or Papà
Welsh: Tad

So, thinking to get your child to address you differently?  HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

5 comments:

  1. can see that "papa" or "baba" is common

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup.. tonight will have the mama version.. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids start or first word is papa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello cynthia,
    I am glad I found you here. I don't remember if I visited you before, maybe this is my first time visit. I am glad you left your footstep on my blog that could lead me here. I saw I am already in your link, let me do the same.

    I will add your 2 blogs in my list if it is ok for you.

    thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pete.. I think Princess will only learn that when she goes school la.. muahhaa....

    Weng Forsgren.. thanks for linking...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®