I blog about what I bake / cook when I have the electronic cradle took over my job as one. I would like to share the Sausage Roll recipes:-
500g bread flour or high protein flour
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
100g castor sugar
1 tsp salt
500g soften butter
1. Get ready all the above ingredient
2. Put in the flour, yeast, sugar, salt into a mixing bowl and mix well. Slowly pour in water.
3. Use slow speed to kneed the dough till gluten is formed (can pull into very thin sheet without tearing). Add in butter and knead till well-combined.
4. Remove dough from mixing bowl, shape into a smooth ball and put into a greased bowl. Cover with wet cloth.
5. Leave aside to prove till double in bulk.
6. To test, press with finger: The depression should rise up and back to shape.
7. Punch down and knead again till smooth
8. Leave aside to rest for 15 minutes
10. The dough is now ready to be shaped.
11. Divide into 20 equal portions and form into rounds. Rest for 10 minutes.
12. Shape each round into a roll about 18cm long.
13. Take one sausage and use the dough to roll around it showing the two ends.
14. Arrange sausage rolls on a greased baking tray 5cm apart to prevent sticking.
15. Brush with beaten egg, cover and leave to prove till double in bulk (abt 30 minutes)
16. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C till golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
HAVE FUN BAKING… Any question, feel free to ask ya :)
My next attempt... Italian Pizza :)