$$ Come...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My ‘ugly’ Chocolate Ice Cream Mooncake!

I had a chance to try out this yesterday.. and guess what.. it’s not easy!!

I now understand what make Haagen Darz selling their mooncake so expensive, coz it’s super tedious work to do.. and I am not going to do this for this year, since it’s need lots of attention, and my little Princess will not allow me the time.  Last night was really struggling to get it done..

I didn’t got time to snap photos of the process, and only got those finish products which were super ‘ugly’ and I am just glad is taste good.. muahaha…

The chocolate skin was not coated nicely, therefore when I took it out from the mould, it became all over!!  But now I know what’s wrong, so next time (when I really got the time) I will do it again…

Now, lets share the photos.. please please don’t go eeeeee…

DSC00453

The 16 not very perfect piece of Chocolate Ice Cream Moon Cake

 DSC00456 DSC00455

Those can eat but cannot see ones..

DSC00454

The much better looking ones.. Only 4 of them  :(

 

NEVER MIND.. I WON’T GIVE UP.. WILL DO THAT AGAIN.. JUST DON’T KNOW WHEN ONLY.. MUAHAHHAA…

13 comments:

  1. It doesnt really matter if the ice-cream moon cakes are ugly but they should got me drooling away, i like ice-cream not the moon cakes but for ice-cream moon cakes,i will sure devour it.

    hey you know what i am happy as i write this comment,dont know why of late i have this penchant of trying to be the first commentor in anyone's blog.....really just to show that i appreciate you,,,

    谢谢你

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate + Ice-cream = HEAVENS

    Don't judge a book by its cover ma...

    Wish you luck in your next attempt!

    P/S: I tried making ice-cream mooncakes 2 years back... FAILED miserably... Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they look good to me...yummy yummy!!! never mind..try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can send some samples over to IPOH this saturday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haiya, no need to worry about the look maa... inside the tummy, only God knows how it looks like! Hahahaha... Janji the rasa is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, chocolate n ice cream inside the moon cake. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not a big deal...good try actually! keep up the momentum and look forward to your next successful ice-cream cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eugene.. you are always welcome to be the first.. if you are fast enough..

    ~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~.. thanks for the encouragement..

    Barb.. when I try again, I let you know ah...

    Claire.. by the time reach Ipoh, already melt le..

    MamaFaMi.. hehe.. betul jugak kan.. tapi macam maner nak hidang la..

    wenn.. thanks..

    恩轩至佳 ... once I got any, I will post it up..

    ReplyDelete
  9. let u know something.. i've NEVER tried ice-cream mooncake! hahahaha.. all this while I thought it is just icecream, being shape like a mooncake!

    In case you'll be in PJ earlier than September, do let me know yeah? Then I'll try to meet you up for the mooncakes. Otherwise, I'll wait till September when hubs can go collect kay?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Practice makes perfect. After a few tries, I am sure they will turn out real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ... nice try!! I didn't even know got this ice cream mooncake leh *cham* At least you got 4 nice ones out of it, they sure looks yummy to me :) You are using HD ice cream too??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merryn.. ok.. will do that..

    HFM... ya.. got to keep practising.. let's see when ah...

    Caroline.. nope the whole mooncake from the ice cream till the skin are all home made..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never try Haagen Darz mooncake and even the ice cream b4, but I know they are selling at a very high price for all its product.

    But I am sure your continuos effort in making the mooncake will surely bring positive outcome. Kambateh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®