$$ Come...

Friday, October 30, 2009

Banana Cake

I have seen her, her and her baking mango cake.. and I got like loads of bananas sitting in the house, so I decided to bake banana cake instead…

DSC00759DSC00760 DSC00762and I got the recipe from Aunty Yochana and it’s as follows:-

Ingredients:
180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar
2 nos. Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly
250 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
50 gm. Dairy whip cream
1/2 tsp. Banana essence
2 bananas – slice

Method:
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.

This is a very good recipe I would say as it’s a very moist cake but not oily at all.  It’s also not sweet!

and I even had bake one and have it iced for a friend’s birthday..

DSC00754 so mango cake.. the next round ya..

3 comments:

  1. I used to buy banana cake from the pasar malam (those long shape). But not like homecooked whereby there are real banana. The pasar malam one used banana essence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really a wizard in baking la. the cake looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking but my oven at home isn't fit to bake a nice cake, so I'll bake muffin instate! I'll try to make banana muffins with your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®