$$ Come...

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Dong Zhi Dinner

Yesterday, I seen a few blogs mentioning on the Winter Solstice Festival, and I waited today, as then I could also upload the photos of the dinner dishes which were prepared solely by my pair of hand.

Last year dishes can be found HERE.

This year, we do not have that many people for dinner, only my mum, 2 younger brothers and one of their GF, Princess and myself.  Therefore, I invited Ben over since I know he got no family member here.

So, for the 7 of us, we have a good dinner comprising the followings:-

DSCN5818 Tau hu with half of the pak cham kai

DSCN5838 Steam fish

DSCN5835 Drunken prawn with suhoon at the bottom

DSCN5830 Nga ku, suan zai with siew yok

DSCN5828 Fried calamari

DSCN5822 Broccoli and kai lan with prawn and mushroom

There is also soup, and another fried fish which I didn’t take any photo of it.  And of course, we have the desserts as follows:-

DSCN5842 Tang Yuen

In total.. I served my family members with 10 dishes for this festival… and all clean up except for the soup and tang yuen which are leftover for myself today…

16 comments:

  1. WOW...looks WONDERFUL. You are a really fantastic cook!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  2. ten course meal eh? They look delicious cynthia .. Merry Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *drool*
    Cynthia, U R such a great cook1!!I can't even make any of the above...
    *drool* again... hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why never invite me geh? Next year can "chup" 3 more place or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow wow..cooking up a storm! Geng!! The food looks so yummylicious!! Yum!

    Merry Christmas to you and your princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can go in kitchen n stand in balcony. u r really talented. if i really have to cook for 10 pax..surely i will say "EAT OUT"

    Merry Xmas.

    I may pop by 29th...for lunch..for a while from work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Are you sure they're not tapau-ed from the restaurant ar? Haha just kidding ok... it's a compliment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many dishes!!! You cook them all by yourself without a helper?? Oh my .....

    Merry Christmas to you and your little Princess dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard that you are good in baking right hehehe need to come here curi kungfu liao hahaha

    Merry Xmas to u @ ur family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very delicious dishes on the table! Merry Xmas to u & to little Breanna!

    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello,
    merry christmas and a prosperous ner year. Greetings from all of us here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...that sure looks like very simple yet satisfying food!!! And the calamari rings....mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah Cynthia, you really can cook and bake. You are so much better than me. Anyway I have improve a little in my cooking recently after I started blogging and got some idea from blogger like you too.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geng! You prepared so many dishes and it is done all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®