$$ Come...

Monday, April 19, 2010

Of Butter Cakes

Recently I am just so much into butter cakes, and even entered into a challenge from Learn2Bake fan page in Facebook.

I bake one cake for my mum on her birthday, and later some other time I bake more.. below are some butter cakes I made..

100_1814 DSCN6167 DSCN6153 100_1818 I am here to also share a simple butter cake recipe for all of you, if you want to try one of these day..The recipe was given by Learn2bake club (join us there if you want to learn more)

BASIC BUTTER CAKE
Ingredients:
200gm Self-Raising Flour (for those of you who doesn't have SRF, you can use Plain flour. If you are using plain flour, the substitution will be 1 cup plain flour plus 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking soda)
120gm castor sugar
250 gm Butter (use good brand of butter such as Anchor, Golden Churn etc)
5 eggs (medium size that weigh about 55gm per egg with shell)

Method:
1)Pre-heat oven to 180~C (remember to always pre-heat your oven 15-20 before you bake)
2) Sift the flour.
3) Lightly beat the eggs in a seperate bowl.
4) Cream the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the egg, mix well after each addition.
5) Fold in the flour and mix well until all the flour are incorporated into the batter.
6) Line the bottom of a 7" round baking tin with parchment paper / greaseproof paper and lightly greased the sides of the tine with butter.
7) Bake the cake at 180~C for 40-45 minutes, or until the skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.


Notes:
(a) As every oven's temperature varies, kindly adjust the baking time.
(b) If your cake happens to need more than 40-45 minutes to bake, and the top of the cake is starting to get over-browned, lightly cover it with a piece of aluminium foil.

Let’s see what’s next month challenge, and shall do that again.. :D

10 comments:

  1. later teach me ar.......face to face class. after baking, can eat on spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I am one of the lucky ones ya..get to see and eat also :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish you can win the contest like what you win a prize from foongpc.

    Good luck + gabateh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a really good sifu to teach me bake.. i'm really hopeless in this :D

    but I know YOU.. u r good :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing makes me tick like a good butter cake! Next time we meet, I request for your butter cake plse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. butter cake my all time fav. Hope one day I can also bake ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The cake looks so delicious! I want a bite! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake is light or heavy? I like those heavy heavy butter cake. :P

    Btw, your other site cannot leave comment.. don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll leave the baking to the pro. Can't risk make my oven meletup. *sobS*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®