Recently I am just so much into butter cakes, and even entered into a challenge from Learn2Bake fan page in Facebook.
I bake one cake for my mum on her birthday, and later some other time I bake more.. below are some butter cakes I made..
BASIC BUTTER CAKE
200gm Self-Raising Flour (for those of you who doesn't have SRF, you can use Plain flour. If you are using plain flour, the substitution will be 1 cup plain flour plus 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking soda)
120gm castor sugar
250 gm Butter (use good brand of butter such as Anchor, Golden Churn etc)
5 eggs (medium size that weigh about 55gm per egg with shell)
1)Pre-heat oven to 180~C (remember to always pre-heat your oven 15-20 before you bake)
2) Sift the flour.
3) Lightly beat the eggs in a seperate bowl.
4) Cream the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the egg, mix well after each addition.
5) Fold in the flour and mix well until all the flour are incorporated into the batter.
6) Line the bottom of a 7" round baking tin with parchment paper / greaseproof paper and lightly greased the sides of the tine with butter.
7) Bake the cake at 180~C for 40-45 minutes, or until the skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
(a) As every oven's temperature varies, kindly adjust the baking time.
(b) If your cake happens to need more than 40-45 minutes to bake, and the top of the cake is starting to get over-browned, lightly cover it with a piece of aluminium foil.
Let’s see what’s next month challenge, and shall do that again.. :D