$$ Come...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cupcakes

Last month, I blogged about butter cakes, as recently I have joined a group in FB, which called Learn2Bake (should you like baking, I am sure you may also interested to join this group). 

This month, we had another challenge for Mother’s Day.. but since I had a good Mother’s Day celebration, I did not bake on that day.  I did that only few days ago…

The recipe adapted from HERE.

The cupcakes turned out soft and nice.. it cracked at the top of the cake (which I know it’s coz by the ‘over temperature’ oven.  The next time, I know what to do.. Nevertheless, the cupcakes is NICE.. and I want to thanks the creator of Learn2Bake… Her baking blog is HERE!  and she and I shared the same name.. :D

choc cupcake

dressing up cupcakesGive this a try.. and I am sure you like it… :D 

The Recipe:-

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
(recipe adapted from Cupcakes Bakeshop by Chokylit)
Ingredients (Yields 14 -16 regular size cupcakes)
115gm unsalted butter, room temperature
80 – 100gm castor sugar (please adjust to your own preference)
2 large eggs, room temperature
95gm plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
60gm unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
1. Preheat oven to 375~F / 190~C.
2. Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
4. Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a small size bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
6. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla mixture and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
7. Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 2/3 full. Turn oven down to 350~F / 180~C and bake cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

Chocolate Buttercream (enough to lightly frost 12-14 cupcakes)
Ingredients
60gm unsalted butter
30gm unsweetened cocoa powder
250gm confectioner’s sugar / icing sugar
¼ cup milk

Method
1. Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa powder and ½ cup of sugar and beat until incorporated.
3. Add half of the milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk , bit by bit, until you get to the consistency you want.
5. Scoop the buttercream into a disposable piping bag with your selection of tip and you are ready to frost.

 

Tip: Always let the cupcakes cool down to room temperature before frosting

9 comments:

  1. Alamak! So freaking nice... especially the chocolate ones... looks so damn yummy.Those colourful ones oso.

    T_T I have no talents for cookies or cakes. tried them before... all become negro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cynthia, tot of opening a food blog? u can cook very well ma..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice but sounds so difficult to make (to me). I'm a really hopeless baker :( Bought a new oven few months ago... until now I still haven't baked a single crumb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...can make business again with your cupcakes. I think the crack on the cupcakes will be mend by putting on some fresh cream. Aaa... my all time fav cup cakes. but I don't know how to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No coffee,, no cakes for me, for sure,,,,hahahah, but i bet you are one good cake baker and cook well too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and just like calire said, have a food blog, teach the rest of us how to cook and make cakes but must be your speciality not the copy and paste one ok sister..

    take care now and god bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia... will try to bake those yummy looking cuppies tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so yummy!consider opening baking class mar,i always wanted to learn baking cakes and all :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. you actually bother to ice the cupcake for your own consumption? I'm too lazy to do it ler..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm.... fresh baked cupcakes! Yummiest to go with hot kopi o!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®