$$ Come...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Off Chiffon Cake

Due to the fact that I am unable to use my wireless service at home, I am unable to post this earlier.  As I have earlier mentioned, I recently joined Learn2Bake club in FB and each month we were given some nice task / challenge to do.  The creator of the club is very nice that she will give us tips and also recipes that you can use.

We were given pandan chiffon recipe, however being not so hardworking side of mine, and chocolate has got more ‘fans’ in my home, I tweet the recipe and make a chocolate chiffon instead.

Now, the recipe as below:-

Ingredients for Egg Yolk Batter:
• 4 egg yolks (always use large eggs, room temperature)
• 80gm caster sugar (adjust to your own sweetness)
• 130ml water
• 40gm chocolate powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• 80gm cooking oil (Vegetable oil / Canola oil / Sunflower oil)
• 150gm plain flour
• ½ tsp baking powder

Ingredients for Egg Whites Foam:
• 4 egg whites
• 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
• 85gm caster sugar

Method:
1. For Egg yolk batter: Whisk egg yolks with sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the batter looks a bit fluffy.
2. In another bowl, sieve all dry ingredient together.
3. Pour the dry mixture into the egg yolks and hand whisk to mix. Add cooking oil and mix well.
4. To prepare the egg white foam: Preheat oven at 170~C / 325~F. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites at low speed until bubbly, then add in the cream of tartar until soft peak.
5. Gradually add in sugar in a few batch until it finished while continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold the beaten egg whites foam into egg yolks batter in 2-3 batch until it is well blended. Do not use the mixer to mix, use a spatula to gently fold in.
7. Pour batter into ungreased 9"inch or 22cm chiffon / tube cake tin. Bake in preheated oven at 170~C / 325~F for 50-60 minutes or until the skewer inserted to the centre comes out clean, then it is cooked.
8. Immediately invert the cake once taken out of the oven and let it cool completely before unmoulding it from the tube tin. You might want to use a palette knife to loosen the sides of the tin to loosen to the cake.

And I have obtained my chiffon to almost perfect..

chiffonI will still continue to bake chiffon and try other flavours even though the challenge is over.. :D Any volunteer for guinea pig?

7 comments:

  1. Me! Me volunteer...errr...as long as not cheesy one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiffon cakes are one of the hardest cakes to bake!!!!

    I love making chiffon cakes too.... takes a lot of skill & practise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don mind to be ur guinea pig..=D...hahahha.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahemm... aheeeeemmmmm!!!! *clears throat* You may sumbat me with any of your cakes and I'll gladly eat it! I cannot be guinea pig though. Not fat enuff to be a guiney pig. I can be your labrat! Cincai la... feed me. LOL... I can't get enuff of the cakes! And unlike that smallkucing up there, I not choosy wan when it comes to cakes. Cheese ka, tarak cheese kah, semua i can telan! Just dun put dong guai or weird herbs, pls. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw at Tangs S'pore.. u know ..a lot of cooking demo n samplings.. the lady added Milo to the chiffon and it was gooood...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®