$$ Come...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Carrefour Egg Prices

THIS POST IS NOT ADVERTISING OR PRICE COMPARISON OF EGG PRICES AMONG HYPERMARKETS OR ANY OTHER PLACE, JUST THE CALCULATION METHOD THAT I AM CONFUSE...


I was shopping with my little Princess few nights back, and I wanted to buy some eggs. Upon arriving at the egg’s section, I just took a tray of Grade A egg. However, my little Princess refuse to go away from there. (Read HERE) Since I am free to browse around, I found something amiss….

Let the picture do the talking… and please advise me if this is the current practise in the market coz I seldom buy eggs in hypermarket…

c4 grade A c4 grade B

c4 grade C c4 grade D Can you tell me what’s wrong (or I should say I consider wrong)?

.

.

.

.

.

If none, then let me clarify my queries…

Grade A:- If 1 egg cost RM0.32, isn't 30 eggs should be RM9.60? (RM0.35 extra)

Grade B:- If 1 egg cost RM0.30, isn’t 30 eggs should be RM9.00? (RM0.65 extra) and 90 eggs should be RM27.00 (RM1.35 extra)?

Grade C:- If 1 egg cost RM0.31, isn’t 30 eggs should be RM9.30 (RM0.05 extra)? and 90 eggs @ RM0.29 is RM26.10 (RM1.35 extra)?

Grade D:- If 1 egg cost RM0.28, isn’t 30 eggs should be only RM8,40 (RM0.65 extra)?

So, I put back the tray of Grade A eggs, and leave that section..and frankly speaking, it took me not one glance, but a real close reading before I put the eggs back. I don’t think I be charged ‘extra’ from my usual ‘ah pek’ if I buy from him…

Please clarify for me… and how many of us actually walked away after taking a tray of 30 eggs without noticing the ‘extra’?

I have yet to check other hypermarkets on this pricing, and maybe if anyone of you bought any eggs recently want to share your price?

10 comments:

  1. I dunno wor.. william is da one who does grocery shopping.. hehe.. i must ask him :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A egg is 0.36 n C egg is 0.34 at my shop. We sell at rm3.60 n rm 3.40 for 10 eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why so like that one???

    I just bought Nutriplus eggs at 99speedmart at RM9-85 leh. Cheaper than C4.

    Eh eggs buy from pasar cheaper la.Grade A is like rm9 only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emm...not sure on this ler. My mum usually buy kampong eggs. And 10 eggs at a time. Never buy whole carton before. But like others say, if can better get from your usual ah pek lor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm.. their marketing tricks.. if never calculate properly.. seriously kena tipu..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg grocery shopping is not done by me...by my FIL....I am not that sure abt the egg prices now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aiks...i din shop at carrefour....prefer to shop at tesco ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm.. There're 2 possibilities: 1) The dept workers change the price by piece manually (they don't sell by pc) but forgot to update the computerised yellow price tags which indicates price by bulk when the price goes down. 2) The math skills of the person who put up the price tags sucks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. no idea lah. i live in toronto and hardly do grocery shopping. hahaha

    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh.....luckily you calculated. If me, I will just grab and go because my mental calculation is very poor. And I will assume a tray is cheaper than 1 pc?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®