$$ Come...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lemon Honey Chiffon Cake

Lately.. I have fell in love to Chiffon..

Last weekend, I totally baked 3 Chiffon Cakes.. all the same flavour.. HONEY LEMON CHIFFON CAKES

Reason:  My brother likes it.. and the taste and texture is just so similar to those Japanese Cotton Cheesecake… (just without the cheese)

The Ingredients are as follows:-

115ml Water + Lemon Juice (I squeeze 1 lemon juice and top up with water till the required amount)

1 lemon rind

1 TBS Honey

5 egg yolks

85 ml corn oil / cooking oil

150g flour

100g sugar

1 tsp baking powder

Mix all the above in a bowl

5 egg whites

1/8 tsp cream of tartar

90g sugar

Whisk egg whites, cream of tartar till foamy, then add in sugar and whisk till stiff

Fold egg white into the egg yolk batter.. and pour into a 23cm chiffon mould

Bake at 170C for 30 to 35 minutes

Voila.. and I got the followings:-

100_2768 The side

100_2766 The top

lemon honey chiffonThe slice 

This weekend, should I try other cakes.. I still got the crumble cake which is suppose to try… ok this weekend maybe..

12 comments:

  1. i love chiffon cakes... used to bake pandan chiffon cake quite often too. now just too busy (or lazy?) to do any baking. your bro so lucky la :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also love... lemon should be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r so talented. and your bro is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i looooooooooooove chiffon cakes too :)

    Need skills to bake one!

    Urs is very well risen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! ppl around you are sooo lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chiffon cakes...can I try??
    I wish to try out your chiffon cake one day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh... gonna have to send this recipe to my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so nice....but the egg white thing making me lazy to try! :) Lemony cakes always taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chiffon cake too, ada jual tak???

    ReplyDelete
  10. should open a shop to sell or maybe a stall at the flea market on weekends?m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum yum!

    I wish to bake but I think is not easy to beat the egg white till stiff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®