$$ Come...

Friday, December 3, 2010

ASTRO

I was putting in my FB recently that my Astro decoder decided to ‘died’ on me last week, and only till last Friday I managed to call the service centre to report the faulty machine.

The Customer Service (CS) advised me to turn off all the power, check the connecting wires but to no avail on the power supply.  Therefore, he proceed telling me that they will have to send a ‘technician’ for the repair.  Prior to any repair work to be carried out, I have to first pay the ‘technician’ RM50 as the service charge, and should the faulty cause by the decoder, ASTRO will then replace the necessary with no cost.  But, if it’s cause by any other beside the decoder, I have to bear the cost too.. other causes such as, power cable or the satelit cable faulty.

Anyway, I have also been nice to tell the CS.. Look, I don’t think I want to pay the RM50 by calling the technician, and I am thinking to terminate my account.  The CS took down all my ‘complain’ and told me that if I want to terminate my account with immediate effect (WIE), he will have to get the Management approval.  So, he told me he will put my request.

I stopped him immediately, and told him instead of just putting a ‘termination WIE’, tell him to file for a RM50 waiver.  Should the ‘Management’ not agree to my request, then they can proceed to terminate my account.  This CS told me he will revert to me in 48 hours time.

Come Saturday around 4++pm, I received a call from this CS, and he told me my ‘request’ of waiver was granted, and he will now proceed to lodge a report for me in order to get the technician to come to my house.  Furthermore, he will call me again to inform me of the report number.  So, I gladly put down my phone with a thanks.  Sunday, I again received a call from the CS, and he gave me the report number and told me that they will do the necessary arrangement in order to get my ‘service’ fix.  Guess what, on Monday.. the technician called, and came to my house around 7.30pm and viola, my ASTRO was again FIX! (this I call efficient)

BTW, the story don’t end there… when I sign the ‘worksheet’ I noticed the technician actually put my cost of repair is RM170!

Actually, the CS offered me to upgrade my current package to B’yond with additional RM20 per month, and with no further repair cost.  Apparently, B’yond will be a lifetime warranty and should anything happen, Astro will bear the cost of calling the technician… I told him, Let me consider…

What is the rationale of ASTRO charging the RM50 ah? and I doubted how many people will actually pay them willing to fix the Astro.. I can simply cancel the account, and re-apply again right.. why paying RM50? Don’t understand.. but heck, it’s not for me to understand, but more for me to get away with it..

8 comments:

  1. Cyn, no need pay them any...they just wana charge here n there. and for the Byond, i m not sure if u read the paper, they have to recall this decoder after got a sue case filed on this Byond decoder. Previously, they called me up to upgrade with this decoder, and i agreed with it. after i read the news, until now also they didnt come to upgrade it...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually i hate Astro to death, firstly it is not cheap, secondly the commercials break are as frequent as the free to view channels, thirdly, repeats are so common, fourthly, rain rain"sorry for any inconvenience caused"

    fifthly,AFC food channel, Travel and Living, some more food channel,,,

    I hope the Gormen can break up the monopoly of Astro, let others come in and compete with them,i sure will terminate Astro by then..

    ReplyDelete
  3. now come to think of it..i did paid some money to the technician... but mine was not faulty issue. mine was transferring from home a to home b.. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strongly agreed with Eugene's comments, really hate all that!
    And actually very susah to call their customer service line. Most of the time,no body answer the call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if my decoder conks out, i will surely quit astro..the other time i quitted, they allow me to watch all the programs for only 49.90!! so cheap.. but for 2 months only.. now i am paying 69.90 for sports and one channel cos sudah 2 months liow! Astro is really expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. astro is expensive!

    they are always quick to bar your service even when you a day late, but late to reconnect the service or repair when you needed one.

    but no choice lor since they are the only cable tv company here.... =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Astro is not cheap.but then I need it at home because no TV drama...I will get very bored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Astro is not cheap...really is damn true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®