$$ Come...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What a 'day’! I nearly collapse like my cake!!

I had an order last week, and with all plan well ahead, I was all ready to ‘doll’ my cake with all the cream, ganache and also others necessary.

I came home right after my meeting with a client yesterday, and it was earlier compare to my other working day.  Get straight to work, I sliced the cake into 3 portions.  Happy to see the result of the cake all went well. 

Next, I put the cake aside, and start kneeding my dough for the buns.  I was really excited as this was the first time I do this bun. 

When the dough ready, I proceed to whip the milk chocolate Chantilly as I wanted to ‘dress’ the  cake.  I did the first layer, and layered the cake with the fruit, and later put up the 2nd layer of cake.  While I am ‘doll’ the 2nd layer, and now, you put your imagination together… the sound ‘PLooP’!  happen….

My heart sank the minute it happen… I was really sad, disappointed, angry, frust, and whatever feeling that you can think of when this happened.  I was really really really really X don’t know how many times sad sad sad…

But at that moment, I can’t cry, I can’t frust, I can’t throw tantrums, I can’t do a lot of stuff my head wanted to do.  I can only recollect my thoughts, go search the baking rack to see if I got sufficient ingredients to bake a new cake.  I also have to count the time I have to make a new cake, cool it at the rack, slice and put on the necessary deco.  Not forgetting I got to do the buns too!

I picked up Princess, drove out of the house,  go grab what I needed, and back home baking a brand new cake.  I sometimes very ‘salute’ myself for being so ‘cool’ on occasion like this.  Is this call practice make perfect?  After getting the news of being a ‘single mother’, I think nothing will be more ‘shocking’ any more in my life.. don’t ya agree?

Ok, back to my cakes and bun.. I finally able to make the cake this morning, and able to get my boss to give me a last minute approval for not going in office this morning.  I am very very grateful despite many many ‘shocking’ occasions, I still able to get some supports from good people that surround me.

I hope the cake this time turn out well… and if it does not, I better make sure I compensate my customer well to cover my flaws.  I never expect this ‘accident’ and I can tell ya, I was freaked out at the moment the cake drop.. same to my heart!!

Sigh…

 

*If you want to know what happen to the cake, hop over to my Cynful Pleasure Bakery Blog*

7 comments:

  1. :( sorry to hear that Cyn... i don't bake but ur 'ploooop' is enuf to make my heart stop.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too,sorry to hear that.however never give up,everything will be prefect later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything is doing well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart ploop also when reading ur post, but glad at last u still did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....poor cake n poor u. I can't do that though.....would haf just given up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®