$$ Come...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Treasuring Emma - By Kathleen Fuller


My first ever book review and I am glad I choose this book.

This book is about Amish living, featuring a young lady by the name of Emma.  Emma is a caretaker for her family.  She took care of her ill mom, and later when her mom passed on, she took care of her grandma who was old and fragile.

Emma has a childhood friend, Adam whom she fell in love, however Adam feels that he does not suit living in the Amish living, and decided to leave and find a living elsewhere.  However later, Adam returned home, and this has created the little butterflies in Emma when she is so cautious not to fall in love again with Adam.

Beside the lovely couple, the book has Emma's sister, Clara and her husband, Peter and 2 lovely kids.  The  also have an additional cast of a third party, Mark,  whom is the cousin of Peter whom came visit Peter, and refuse to leave.  Mark courted Emma, and this created greater confuse in Emma's feeling.

Emma put her faith to GOD, and hope that her Heavenly Father will guide her through this path.   The ending was 'expected' however it gives it a good twist in the plots of the story.  I will recommend this book should one has not created good faith with GOD.

Another person in the story that I want to take note is the grandmother of Emma.   Despite being in her old age, she is alert and able to react when circumstances change.  She is strong to go though the lost of her husband, son and daughter in law, and even in the story when things happen not according to her will.  She is a gem, and has given the story a good ending too.

The book is good for a read.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, i registered with booksneeze,, but they have not got back to me,,just don't know when leh?

    hey,sis,have a great weekend ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®