$$ Come...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chinese New Year 2012 - Water Dragon Year

It's the 8th day of Chinese New Year, and I have been back to work today.  Lots of people start work today, as it's conveniently we took off the week for the CNY celebration.  As of today, I just want to jot down the event of the week, and later make the one by one post.  My memory is failing me recently, therefore I better make sure I done some 'preliminary' recording before the details kick in.

Starting off with the eve of CNY, we are suppose to have 'lunch' but with all the delays, we ended started eating only around 5pm.  It was a super tiring day as both my mum and myself, busy burying ourselves in the kitchen preparing for the necessary. 

1st day - The usual routine to visit the temple in Seremban for offering prayers to our ancestors, and also having the usual vegetarian meal there.  This happened each year without fail.  After meal, we just hang around distributing ang pows and also photo shoot.  Evening, we spent it at my 4th uncle 'recollecting' old memories.

2nd day - Woke up and was expecting my mum's family, and getting ready to leave for Ipoh as planned.  Had lunch, and waited till 2pm, yet still don't see the shadow of anyone, so both myself and Princess departed KL for Ipoh.  Arriving Ipoh safe and sound and had dinner with a friend.

3rd day - Back from Ipoh by noon, and dinner at my aunt!  This year, I managed to 'fatt' some 'new year luck' in my aunt.

4th day - Gathering at my place with the clan members from Wong, Lai & Tan!  It's been a while since we gather at my place, and it's really nice having everyone.  Not forgetting the 'drama' that happen that night which make everyone tears and laugh at the same time.

5th day - Plans to visit the highest authority member of the family hierarchy, and my aunt from Penang arrived with my cousins.  We spent the day having dim sum breakie, and later dinner at home.

6th day - No plans for visiting, therefore spending the day at home and later went out to buy some stuff with mum.  Dinner with family near home.

7th day - Morning and Night were eating non stop.. had very heavy meals and later at night, preparing Princess to start her 'routine' of back to the childcare.

8th day - Started good, without Princess wailing, and smooth traffic to work...   now at 12.12pm, counting down to lunch hour, and just got a colleague asking where to eat!!  LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®