$$ Come...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Annual Leave

Today, I have a question popping in my head... Annual Leave..

1)  What is your Company annual leave allocation?  I was once worked in a Company that gives me 16 days for a start, and once only 8 days... see the difference?  LOL

2)  How many days in advance do you apply your leave?  a week?  3 days? or 24 hours?

Why I suddenly pop this question?  I don't know.. I just look at my recent payslip and feel the pathetic number of leaves I have to use... sad.. sad.. most of my leaves were used to care for the sick Princess, and some to cater for the festive and holiday season.. I am hoping to see the accumulated leaves go beyond 10 days and I can go long holiday!!

Another 'leave' which I recently 'expose' to is call the "Emergency Leave" which forms part of the Annual Leave.  Guess this leave was introduced to cater for the 'emergency' however can one exploit this kind of leave?  Can someone who fear that their 'plan' leave may not be approved, and decided to jump the gun and take 'emergency' instead?  What is the implication of the emergency leave should it is not approved?  It keep me wonder... What is the timeline should one leave be called 'emergency'?

I guess when I start to age, and getting more 'personal' stuff to do, annual leave seems to be an important factor of consideration for jobs.  I don't mind being paid lower for additional days of leave provided.  I do missed those days when I got 21 days annual leave to spend (however at that time, I got no one to spend it with).  How ironical!  

Since I just started working, guess the annual leave thing will only accumulate to what I want in 5 years time which includes I do not take any 'emergency leave' and keep those limited days for future use.  In addition, we shall also have the provision by the Company for me to carry forward my leaves!  hehehe...


8 comments:

  1. Its in your HR policy handbook lor. Btw, you got handbook or not ;) Otherwise I can whip one for your co and charge them!!! hehehehe

    As long the company grant the statutory leave (as per the EA (Employment Act) law, u cant question already..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why lor.. I don't get a handbook, but they say got one.. anyway, the sad thing is that now I am only getting the 'statutory' leave.. no extra.. :p

      Delete
  2. I have only 16 days. My leaves were always spent on watching my daughter's competition at school. She insisted me to go and support her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan.. I used to have 16 too... now 12... sigh..

      Delete
  3. Well I think difference company have difference policy but I guess that all follow the labour law... I think I got 14 days... So far I have not taken any leaves since cny n no sick leaves....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you very good la.. almost 1/2 year and you not have any sick leave yet... must be a good working environment.. :D

      Delete
  4. my company gives 8 days annual leaves and 10 days public holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wenn.. is that because of the nature of business?

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

My Brother's Blog

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®