$$ Come...

Friday, October 26, 2012

The soft side won it!

People who know me well, knows that I have many 'unhappy' occasion with my work recently, and today, I fnailly take the courage to put in my resignation letter.  I initially was really hard hearted that I want to tender and GO on the same day, but the soft side got better of it, and I waited till 4pm only I walked into one of my superior's room to tell him that.  Even that, I told him I will speak to my boss directly to save him from any trouble.

See, the soft side got better this time, and with the initial plan to GO on the same day, I put it on Monday, then after speaking to him, I offered to only leave on 31st October 2012!  See la... I was initially very adament, and I know this will surely happen and I keep telling myself don't be soft hearted!  aiyo...

Anyway, after tendering my resignation today, I feel much lighter.  My plan to initially do it on the same day is I wanted to avoid the exit interview as I don't want to go meet with my HR Manager!!!  I wish I could just GO!  But nevertheless, the soft part won, and I just called my HR to inform her I am leaving!!  My HR Exec being a very nice lady, is asking me not to go.. but I can't as I got a better offer in hand.

So, instead of working till Monday, 29th October 2012, I will work for a few more days to end on 31 October 2012.  If I can handover all necessary by 30th October 2012, then I might take 31st off to run some errand.

I have a long conversation with my boss that evening, and we talked about the situation in the office environment.  

6 comments:

  1. all the best! If only I can resign too from my work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how it feels.. I too was much relieved after handed in my resignation letter to my superior last year ;)
    Anyway, all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is understandable if you are leaving because you got a better offer. Everybody will do that but not everybody will have a soft side just like what you did :)

    Good luck and all the best ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's wishing u success in your next career! Take care & have a lovely weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Move forward. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®