$$ Come...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

JOURNEY TO THE WEST 西游降魔篇


Courtesy of Nuffnang, I went to watch the premier of the show.  I guess this kind of movie, I will normally not watched in the cinema as I have the impression that movie like this, enjoy at home is way much more comfy than going to the cinema.. Since it's tickets won at the NN contest, I 'date' my brother for this movie last night.

We were seated in the very front row, 2nd row from the front to be exact and movie starts at 9pm.  I enjoyed the movie very much since the beginning.  Even is a Stephen Chow's movie, I'm expecting some 'mo lei tou' joke but this time, he did not overdo it.  Of course, with the leng lui 'Shu Qi' as the main cast, it brings a lot of 'ummph' in the movie.  But the 'men' casts were not that fantastic... means no 'leng chai' in the show!!

The storyline did not sway too much from the origin, and I say the animation effects are great too!  I like it very much when the illustration of Buddha is mirrored in the mountains!!  The only thing I can say I dislike is the real 'pig' and 'king kong' which I got scared by it TWICE!!!  Sitting near to the screen, it usually makes my head spin however this time it did not.  I'm like watching a 3D effect movie as the animations were so real right in front of my eyes!

This can be one of the recommended movie for this Chinese New Year if you got no plans...

Thanks again NN!
 
General info / synopsis of the movie..

Release Date: 07 Feb 2013
Language:Mandarin
Subtitle: -
Genre:Fantasy / Thriller
Running Time: 110 minutes
Director:Stephen Chow
Cast:Shu Qi, Bo Huang, Zhang Wen, Show Luo, Chrissie Chau
Synopsis:
Based on one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature of the same name, Stephen Chow's "Journey To The West" is a contemporary remake of the misadventures of a Buddhist monk as he makes a pilgrimage from China to India. The monk travelled to the "Western Regions" during the Tang Dynasty, to obtain sacred texts (sūtras). The bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara (Guanyin), on instruction from the Buddha, gives this task to the monk and his three protectors in the form of disciples - namely Sun Wukong, Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing - together with a dragon prince who acts as Xuanzang's steed, a white horse. These four characters have agreed to help Xuanzang as atonement for their past sins.

6 comments:

  1. I have been watching journey to the west movie when I was in a very tender age. I just love the story line and can watch it over and over again. Hope I can find time this CNY to catch this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would watch it during CNY~~~
    nice sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish to watch this during CNY....my son's hero - sun wukong. I thought got xiao zhu = Luo Zhi Xiang. Not handsome meh ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another CNY movie to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watched it last night. It's a recommended movie for those wanted a good laugh. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®