$$ Come...

Monday, June 30, 2014

THE GIFT OF WELLBEING FOR OUR PARENTS

I am not a very filial child.  YES, I admit!!  I cannot tolerate well with my parents, especially my mum.  Not that I don't love her, but seriously, it's getting all difficult to be in agreement with her 'some' times.

I don't really get sick while I was young, not even a fall or anything.  I don't have my parents caring for me on a sick bed.   I seldom see myself nursing 'sickness'.  Mostly, my relationship with my parents are more of 'material' sharing instead of 'feel'.  I can be 'manja' during sick, but not those serious ones.. just trying to pull through not needed to attend school.

BUT, on the day of the arrival of Breanna, I can totally feel my mum's love (but even so, we both are really too stubburn to admit).  I see my mum trying to fix up the mess for me, a mess which I will have to carry it through my life.  It was because of my mum, my aunt decided to come helping me out during my confinement, and my mum sorted out the food and some other stuffs too.  I figured out (just last week) that the way my mum shows her love to me is by nagging non stop and me being one rebellious one, will surely answer her! Strange but a real communication way with both of us.  Seriously, the following conversation happens, at the moment when I was wheeled out of the theatre after B's birth, and I saw my mum:-

Me:  Mum..
Mum:  Hm, how's are you?
Me:  Pain
Mum:  Ah.. pain right...

I was like, what kind of statement was she trying to tell me, I am in pain la.  At least say la you can understand and sayang me abit, ish ish.... BUT I know, she feel the pain I was going through... the pain of not just giving birth, but the pain that I am going through all this on my own.  She felt it.. really... That's why she was 'pretty' angry with me making such a big 'drama' in my life.  She can see my 'future' having the wrestle with the decision I made. She feel the pain for me.  When I am in the ward, she did present me with the 'confinement' need food such as red dates water, and also ginger wine chicken with rice la.. see see, that's what I mean with the relationship of myself and my mum.. we DO it out, but we don't SAY it... we will bring pain to each other by words, but by action, we showed the love affection of us.. weird isn't it?

I tell you, this ONCE in a lifetime drama is good enough for my mum to show her love, tolerance and care for me.  The Chinese saying goes, one time capital back!

My mum's age is also catching up while mine is growing.  One way of another to let her know that I can take care of myself now, and she should just slow down and make less worry and comment about me, aka less nagging.  I can see her fragile movement sometimes, and I am considering getting her the AIG Injury Guard.  At least, if there is any accidents, she has additional coverage.  Sometimes, elders her age, is not easy to get any more insurance coverage.  I referred to this brochure for the information.  Injury Guard can be purchased by phone or online with a debit or credit card (from as low as 93 sen a day!), without the need for long queues, tedious forms and medical check-ups, and is effective immediately upon purchase.

I can't promise my mum the sky and heaven, but all I can is to continue praying for her good health, and maybe guarding her from any form of physical injuries.  I will work towards whatever I can for her.  I know I am now can't meet any of this target.  Sad indeed but I know I can work it through.


3 comments:

  1. Not everyone is able to express their affection openly. Action speaks louder than words so yeah, I'm sure the love between you and your mom is really deep. It's just not being spoken out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. just dropping by to say hi and wishing you a nice day ahead ! :) great write-up btw ;) love our parents when we have time yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate ? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. Hope to hear soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits!

Cynful Pleasure Bakery

Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®